For this Thanksgiving, we decided to make a list of the top ten things we're thankful for in gaming. There's a lot of great stuff in games these days, so we had a hard time narrowing it down to just ten!
10. Multiplayer: whether it's doing some friendly competition in Sonic Racing, or making your friends hate you with cheap moves in Super Smash Bros., multiplayer is a lot of fun.
9. Minigames: sometimes, you just need a break from the rest of the game! Fishing in Stardew Valley is a great way to do that, and we talk more about it in our stuffing recipe.
8. Character/world customization: using DLC and mods to change a game can really make it feel like a new game. A game with cheerful trains breathing fire at you. In the Sims series, the homes/lots and people are basically yours to mold and shape! There are some really talented players in the community.
7. Silliness: who doesn't love the moments in games that just seem goofy out of context? Don't mind me, just carrying this dodo in ARK. In Rogue Legacy, each time you die, a new character is born, and some traits are quite hilarious like coprolalia: your character swears when hit!
6. Save points: sometimes, you're going to die a lot. It's good to be able to keep coming back to life to see if you can finally survive! I always save before a gym battle in Pokemon because who wants to run back from a Pokemon Center.
5. Environment and Exploration: beautiful and varied environments really make a game feel like a world. Guild Wars 2 has a lot of beautiful scenery, and we show some of it in our new recipe for yams!
4. Pets: cute animals are great, especially when games let them become your friend! Wakfu has so many cute animals, and our cornbread recipe shows off a few!
3. Compelling characters: when a game series like Mass Effect gets you invested in their characters, it really makes a difference in the whole experience.
2. Engaging story: games with a deep and moving story like Unravel are wonderful, and I love helping a story unfold.
1. Most importantly of all, having friends and family to share these adventures and experiences with!
We are really thankful for all our friends and family and those who support us and read our little blog. We are thankful that we are able to enjoy our favorite hobbies of gaming and cooking. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Posted November 24, 2016